Do you know this plant? NEVER DIE or Tan me awu ? Its name is very appropriate because of the nature of the plant itself.
This plant is regarded as the most powerful plant ever due to the numerous health and spiritual benefits.
I remember that as children, we used to cut up the leaves into rather small pieces and then cover these pieces up with some sand.
Generally, in a few days time, each small piece would begin to sprout new roots and shoots. The plant just does not die. And it has so many healing properties.
Come to think of it, how come we have forgotten about the benefits of Never Die or tan me awu? Well it’s probably because only few people really know how powerful the plant is.
In Ghana the it is called Tan me awu (Akan), In Nigeria, Never Die plant is known as abamoda or odundun (Yoruba), odaa opue (Igbo), danweshin or ekpokpo (Edo), afiayo (Efik), and umbu in Ijo-Izon.
The Chinese call it da bu si. Its other names are air plant, curtain plant, green love, life leaf, live forever, miracle leaf, resurrection plant, or revival plant. It’s scientific name is Bryophyllum pinnatum.
I will just quote what researchers have said about it. You make your decisions and act appropriately.
1. It has been proven that the plant improves sleep quality and general wellbeing in cancer patients, reducing blood pressure as well as preventing kidney damage in people with high blood pressure, among other therapeutic benefits.
2. It has also been said that the lightly roasted leaves are used against cancer, inflammations and a leaf infusion is used for fevers by Creoles. An infusion is a tea extract or drink prepared by soaking tea leaves or herbs in liquid.
3. A mixture of leaf juice with coconut oil is used as a remedy for migraines and headaches.
4. Some indigenous people heat the leaves and apply them topically to boils and skin ulcers.
5. In Ecuador, it is used to treat broken bones and internal bruises.
6. Infusion of leaves and stem in cold water are used by indigenous tribes of Peru for heartburn, urethritis, fevers, and for all sorts of respiratory conditions.
7. The root infusion is also used in epilepsy.
8. The leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory and antidiabetic activity, antihypertensive activity, anti-tumor activity.
9. Antiulcer potentials of herbal drug have been reported in various scientific studies.
10. Boosts sleep in cancer patients.
11. In our home, we used it to treat fungal infections like ringworm.
Spiritual Benefits of Never die plant or Tan me Awu
It can be used to collect debt.
It can be used as love spell.
It can be used to get favours from people, work etc.
It can be used as protection against witches and wizards.
It can be used to overturn curses.
It protects you against spiritual marriages.
All you need to do is to walk to the plant, talk to it and say whatever you want to use it for and then fetch some of its leaves, grind it with salt( the stone one) and bath with it that’s all.
Note that it is not juju or anything of the sort. It’s just a powerful plant that was created by the almighty God.
CONCLUSION : This plant should be grown on every home garden patch. It grows well in pots and even bottles. A tiny part of a leaf should, with time, give you a garden bed full of the plants.