Following the passage of the E-levy law, opponents of the program have begun searching for ways to have their accounts cancelled.
To make your account deletion possible, follow the guidelines below:
- Make sure you have no outstanding loan on MTN MoMo
- Have in possession the ID used for registering the MoMo accoun
- Reason to delete the account
- Mobile phone
- Mobile Money SIM card.
Well, once the aforementioned requirements are met, nothing can stop you from deleting your account.
To delete your MoMo account, follow the steps below:
- Visit any nearby MTN branch
- Ask to be directed to the Mobile money customer service center
- Consult any available official at the MoMo customer service center
- State what you want to do
- Provide the required things to continue the process
- Your account will be verified if there are outstanding payments to be made. This is all part of the review and assessment.
- Once the review and assessment are successful, your account will be deleted from the MTN MoMo system