– It has been a year since the gruesome lynching of Major Maxwell Mahama
– His wife Barbara Mahama has posted many pictures in memory of her husband since his death
– Major Mahama was lynched by an angry mob in Denkyira Obuasi over the claims that they thought he was an armed robber
Exactly a year ago, on May 29, 2017, news came in that a soldier had been lynched by an angry mob in Denkyira Obuasi over a case which is yet to be solved in court involving claims of galamsey and armed robbery.
The victim, Captain Maxwell Adams Mahama who was posthumously promoted to Major, lost his life in the line of duty as he was part of a special task force in the ‘galamsey infected’ town of Denkyira Obuasi in the Central Region of Ghana.
Major Maxwell Mahama who left behind a wife and two sons after his gruesome killing was honoured by many people including the president of the country, John Dramani Mahama. The soldier’s act of courage even in death was rewarded by a state burial.
His family also was given a package which was not going to replace the loss but was going to boost their chances at moving on after the unfortunate demise of their loved one who was serving the nation.
His wife, Barbara Mahama, who became an inspiration to many, endured all the pain of becoming a widow at a tender age and soldiered on in taking care of the two sons she bore with her late husband.
Without an iota of doubt, it can be said that she was the worst hit by the sad and untimely demise of her husband.
READ ALSO: Emelia Brobbey wedding with pictures
However, a year on, YEN.com.gh brings you 6 times Barbara Mahama posted on social media which proved that she had missed her ‘man’ so dearly:
1. During the birth of their son
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) May 4, 2018
2. On his first birthday after his demise
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) November 1, 2017
3. Remembering him months after his passing
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) July 25, 2017
4. To thank him for his service to God, country and family
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) July 5, 2017
5. During Father’s day when they wished him well
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) June 18, 2017
6. When they hung out with Abeiku Santana
They took my shine (for one second) by taking him but i will shine my shine and shine his shine! https://t.co/f4Tb86I7qC
— Barbara Mahama (@barbsy6) July 27, 2017
SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH NEW VIDEOS EVERYDAY