In Africa, it is not uncommon to see people reduce their ages for their own interest.
Most common of all these people are footballers, who have what is popularly known as “football” age; where they allegedly reduce their ages by five or more years so they can play on the field for a long time.
Our Ghanaian celebrities are not left out in this trend as some, including musicians, and entertainers in general, are also said to be using their football ages, especially the women.
Against this backdrop, YEN.com.gh brings you a list of 10 of these celebrities who fans and followers think are not using their real ages.
1. Kuami Eugene: The silky-voiced singer, according to reports, is 20 years. This may come as a surprise to many people who see the musician as a more grown person older than a 20 year old guy. (YEN.com.gh earlier published the report of Ahuofe Patri wishing the ‘Angela’ hitmaker a happy birthday to also celebrate their friendship.)
2. Sista Afia: It came as a big surprise to some social media users who learnt that the ‘Jeje’ hitmaker is 25 years. Sista Afia celebrated her 25th birthday a few days ago. Due to her body size and everything about her, some of her fans doubted her when she said she was 25.
3. Fella Makafui: Fella seems to have constantly be in the news for some time now. According to her, she is 23 years old. However, in an earlier report by YEN.com.gh, a social media user who claimed she knew the actress very well said Fella was, indeed, 26years and not 23. The social media user further accused rapper Medikal’s new girlfriend of telling lies about her age.
4. Nana Ama McBrown: The popular actress has said that she is 41 years. However, many people imposed aged 44 on her. Interestingly, the actress is beautiful and even looks younger than 41 and 44. (She was in the news recently following a wild report that she was heavily pregnant and was singing praises to God in a video.)
5. Shatta Michy: Thick-tall Shatta Michy has claimed that she is 25 years. The actress celebrated her birthday recently, and many people on social media raised qualms over her age. According to some of the views gathered by YEN.com.gh, Michy is more than 25 years and only using that as ‘football’ age.
6. Sarkodie: Reports have it that the ‘Highest’ rapper is 30 years of age. But this has been doubted by many on social media who think Sarkodie is older than that age.
7. Moesha Boduong: The controversial actress in an interview with Delay monitored by YEN.com.gh claimed that she was 25 years. However, when asked when she completed senior high school, Moesha fumbled and couldn’t mention the exact year. However, checks by YEN.com.gh on Wikipedia revealed that Moesha was born in 1990, meaning that she is 28 years and not 25 as she told Delay.
8. Asamoah Gyan: The famous footballer is reportedly 32 years old. However, many people have doubted that age, saying he must be well over that. The Black Stars captain has been in the news recently following reports of his divorce from his wife Gifty Gyan.
9. John Dumelo: The fine actor is reportedly 34 years, having being born on February 3, 1984. However, social media users believe by his stature, Dumelo is more than 34 years. The actor has also been in the news recently following the birth of his son John Dumelo Junior who was born less than nine months after he married his wife Gifty Mawunyo in May this year.
10. Clara Benson: Kumawood actress Clara Benson, popularly known by her screen name, Maame Serwaa is believed to be one of the richest actresses in the Kumawood movie industry. She recently celebrated her 19th birthday and the mere mention of her age raises many eyebrows. Many, including controversial Delay, have questioned how a 19-year-old will be that endowed as she is physically.
SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH NEW VIDEOS EVERYDAY