Skin bleaching refers to the use of skin products to brighten dark areas of the body, such products may include soaps, lotions, surgeries, and others.
Over the years numerous African celebrities have been accused of changing their skin colors to lighter shades. The nouvelle name given to this process by these celebrities is skin toning; they claim they only mean to cleanse or rejuvenate their skin and shrink the appearance of pores and scars to maintain a younger look. Some even attribute their new look to good food and milk. Here’s a list of some celebrities who we think took this toning affair too far.
- Ama Boahemaa; Gospel artist Ama Boahemaa shocked Ghanaians when she appeared in 2014 for an interview after years of hibernation ; she looked unrecognizable and when questioned on her new skin color, claimed to have relocated to Europe, and that the consummation of milk coupled with the cool weather were to blame for her new skin shade.
2. Tonto Dikeh; Controversial Nigerian actress Tonto Dikeh revealed in an interview that she took injections to lighten her skin tone, she’s also insinuated several times that she has indeed bleached, including some of her Instagram posts.
3. Becca Acheampong; Ghanaian songstress Becca is one of the celebs on this list. Fingers have been pointed in her direction ever since she started becoming lighter skinned than her dark skin tone she had when she began her singing career. She has however denied these allegations.
4. Bobrisky; Nigerian Ken doll Bobrisky’s transformation is obvious; he already sells skin lightening creams so this is no news. He has furthermore agreed that bleaching has boosted his confidence.
5. Yvonne Nelson; Ghanaian actress Yvonne Nelson when addressed with this accusation, claimed that she had had her skin toned. She also claimed that the camera lightening when shooting movies is further to blame.
6. Victoria Lebene; Recently married Victoria Lebene is also on this list, this side by side picture says it all.
7. Bukom Banku; Another man on this list is Ghanaian boxer, Bukom Banku. We don’t know what spoke to him to embark on this move, and judging from his pictures, this wasn’t the best decision for him. He has also admitted to bleaching his skin.
8. Vera Sidika; Kenyan socialite Vera Sidika has admitted herself that she has actually bleached, and she claims to love her new skin. She has also enhanced her body with surgery.
9. Moesha Boduong; Ghanaian slay queen Moesha has not only allegedly bleached, but has had surgical operations to give her butt and hips more life.
10. Oge Okoye; Nigerian actress Oge Okoye wasn’t so much light skinned as she is now when she began her acting career in Nollywood. She hasn’t addressed this rumour though.
SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH NEW VIDEOS EVERYDAY